Smoking is one of the hardest habits to break. OnCare can provide you with advice and, if necessary, medication to help you quit smoking.
The benefits of quitting start right away and keep improving the longer you go without smoking. These benefits occur at any age. Some of the benefits include:
- 20 minutes: Blood pressure and pulse return to normal.
- 8 hours: Oxygen levels return to normal.
- 2 days: Ability to smell and taste begin to improve as damaged nerves regrow.
- 2 to 3 weeks: Circulation and lung function improve.
- 1 to 9 months: Coughing, congestion, and shortness of breath decrease; tiredness decreases.
- 1 year: Risk of heart attack decreases by half.
- 5 years: Risk of lung cancer decreases by half; risk of stroke becomes the same as a nonsmoker’s.
Start a visit today to receive your personalized treatment plan.